Triton Rapide 4 shower - not latching on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect this is an electrical problem rather than a plumbing one, hence I've put it in this category.

When I turn on my Triton Rapide 4 shower the water now only comes out of the shower head when I hold one of the three 'on' buttons on, instead on staying latched on as it should (until you press stop). Has anyone seen this problem before, and have any clues?

If you hold the button down long enough the temperature does build up as you would hope.

It's not really practical to shower while holding the 'on' button on, particularly as the shower head holder is broken now too, so your other hand is occupied as well!

Sponsored Links
You need to explain your predicament to your other half and get them to soap you down while you hold the button in with one hand and the shower head with the other.

Is it a mechanical button?

Has the cover been removed recently?

No, it's an electronic button AFAIK.

The Mrs would simply take me to the local jet-wash. :)

Sponsored Links
I'll take it apart then and have a look at the circuit board. I hope it's not packed full of SM custom ICs, and contains something I can start probing.

need a new shower then.. these things don't tend to be too user repariable..
Why do you post this kind of comment?

This is a DIY forum, and, as seco has already said, these showes are eminently repairable.

who died and made you god of the forum Goldberg?
I generally help people on here, unlike you who just seem to be here to point out errors and start arguments..
I'm of the opinion that your average DIYer wouldn't have the electronics knowledge to repair a PCB..

I'm of the opinion that your average DIYer wouldn't have the electronics knowledge to repair a PCB..
The PCB doesn't need repairing - it can easily be replaced, and if the OP doesn't find it very easy, then he can get help on this forum.

Recomming a new shower, without even finding out the history and age of the existing one, is simply incompetent, let alone unhelpful.

Don't shoot the messanger - it's not my fault you don't know how to repair a shower.

given that the power pcb is around £70 and that the control pcb is about another £30.. and that once replaced you can't guarantee that it was that in the first place ( might be a bad solenoid etc.. ).. then a new shower for around £100 or the same model for about £150 that comes with a brand new set of internal bits ( no limescale build up in the pipes, valves and heating can etc ) as well as a new head and hoses etc.. plus a 2 year guarantee... then for a DIYer my advice will always be to get a new shower..
anyone who knows how to repair a shower would either ask more specific questions or wouldn't need to ask in the first place..

that was an example, not a diagnosis.. :rolleyes:

it may be a faulty sensor not registering water flow so not latching a relay, or might be a faulty thermal sensor making the pcb think that it's overheated and again not latching a relay etc..

it may be a faulty sensor not registering water flow
so not latching a relay, or might be a faulty thermal sensor making the pcb think that it's overheated and again not latching a relay etc..

its a shower not a boiler
not one of them diagnoses even relates to the workings of an electric shower

theres no might be's its a pcb fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back