TRITON SHOWER COMES ON BUT NO WATER!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help. Triton shower switches comes on but no water is coming out. All you can hear is the zzzzzm noise as it attempts to spurt out water but no water. Any ideas. This is the second time this is happening. The first time we simply ripped out the old shower and bought a Triton. Do we get a plumber or electrician?

Sponsored Links
Hi A few years back electric showers was controlled with a hand operated valve. Then came the electrically operated ones. They use a solinoid valve similar to those used on washing machines. The solinoid is a coil of wire that creates a magnetic field, which lifts the spring loaded valve to allow water to pass.
I would suggest the coil is faulty so valve stays shut, It needs a test with a meter to prove it and replacing it should be straight forward.
Well thats my opinion and what I would look at first.
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back