Triton T70 shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am now convinced that it's not a ghost but this morning when i switched the power by the switch the water started to flow before i turn on the actual knob on the shower unit

Now the shower will not turn off until i switch off the power.

It seems like an internal microswitch or valve has gone ??

Any ideas ?

is it worth replacing the item or change the shower completely as i don't have any major plumbing skills but lots of common sense i would try myself.

The water and power is fed in to the shower on the top left hand side therefore is replacing id try like for like... can i still get a similar shower ??

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It seems like an internal microswitch or valve has gone ??

Any ideas ?
I think yours is right.

is it worth replacing the item or change the shower completely as i don't have any major plumbing skills but lots of common sense i would try myself.
Shower doctor site is good, and if you have common sense then take the cover off (WITH THE CIRCUIT TURNED OFF AT THE CU) - you should spot the microswitch(es), probably operated by cams on the shaft of the control knob.

Does the knob still work to control heat, i.e. with it off is the water that comes out cold? If so it'll be the solenoid valve or its switch which has failed.

The water and power is fed in to the shower on the top left hand side therefore is replacing id try like for like... can i still get a similar shower ??
Ha!

Define "similar".

It appears to be a sacking offence for shower designers to make replacement models with the same layout of cable and water pipe entries, even if the new one looks the same. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Shower doctor site is good, and if you have common sense then take the cover off (WITH THE CIRCUIT TURNED OFF AT THE CU) - you should spot the microswitch(es), probably operated by cams on the shaft of the control knob.

Does the knob still work to control heat, i.e. with it off is the water that comes out cold? If so it'll be the solenoid valve or its switch which has failed.

Water comes out and you can still control the temperature hot and cold . i took a look last night with the cover off. i can see the microswitches which seem to be 2 switches in tandem that if the unit overheats are pushed in by a plunger mechanism and a single microswitch at the back of the shaft which is selected by a cam.

I also note that there seems to be a little water dripping from the bottom left hand side on the unit maybe from a joint which is dog legged left to right.

:confused:

By dog legged do you mean a 90deg bend? if so be very careful if attempting to tighten ,especially if said bend is plastic, as it can easily break off the thread and send water everywhere, I speak from experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back