trowel marks on ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have some trowel marks on our white ceiling and also a couple of straight hairline cracks.
I know that even if i patch up the hairline cracks they may come back but i would like to fill the trowel marks with fine filler and then sand.

I would like to avoid having to repaint the whole ceiling ie just paint the filled areas. I was wondering how different will the colour look once i have painteed the filled in areas?

The original paint was applied 2.5 years ago and it was dulux white emulsion matt. I would use the same paint to covet the filled areas.

Sponsored Links
Any paint system will degrade over time and the chances of blending the two will be remote. Perhaps better to spot mist the filled areas and repaint the ceiling, try it your way first you've got nothing to lose.

Best of luck and Merry Christmas

Dec.

Chances are you will see where you have touched up.

Presumably you are not decorating the whole room, so if you re-do the ceiling keep a bucket of water and a cloth handy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back