Trusses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the process of planning an extension to my house, the extension would be at 90 degrees to the existing house, making it an "L" shape and would give me 2 valleys.

Some of the trusses would rest on the wallplate of the 2 new exterior walls, but I am wondering how they are secured to the gable end of the existing house?

Here are some stabs in the dark, metal clip dont think they will have the strength or do they?, holes in the wall for the end of the truss to rest in or could it be a timber frame resting on a foundation.

Prepares to be shot down in flames :p

It will be of timber frame construction an then blocked in with concrete blocks.

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
You would have duo-pitch trusses spanning across the new wall plates.

Then there would be valley boards laid on the existing trusses/rafters and diminishing trusses would be cut to them and a new ridge board.

In effect the existing rafters support the newly formed part of the roof that is over them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back