TRV help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all any advice appreciated I fitted two radiators both with trv,s rad not getting hot after investigating I have found one trv is on the flow on one rad but on the return on the other rad question is would this stop rads from getting hot thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Is there an arrow on the side of the valve? Could be either side. If so needs to be facing the direction of the flow.

Sponsored Links
If it worked okay before. Make sure valves are fully open, turn heating on and turn off the radiators that are Working. You should hear a gurgle and then they should work.
If they didn't work before. Possible blockage.
Jeff

Both were new rads when fitted had to extend pipe work to fit extra rad so most of pie work is new I have taken both trv heads of and one rad is getting hot now one pipe is hot one is cold on both rads as if it's not returning

Have you fully opened the lockshield valves? What are the TRVs set on?

Lock shields are both fully open trv s are bout fully open now taken heads of trv s and one rad is getting hot

Which rad is getting hot?

Presumably the original one, not the new one?

Is there an arrow on the side of the valve? Could be either side. If so needs to be facing the direction of the flow.

??

And again .....????

I am waiting for you to answer this one as well!

Does the radiator have a service valve fitted to the flow at any point on the flow pipework into the cold rad?

If so, make sure the arrow 'is facing the direction of the flow'.

Sorry been busy yes the original is getting hot though this one was also replaced at the same Time this one has drain valve on it thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back