TRV in conservatory

The house heating can be 'on' without the conservatory heating being 'on' using a Myson.
The conservatory heating can be 'on' without the main house heating being on'? It does not state that, so they are wrong, unless another para' overrides it.
You can have many independent heating systems using the same heat source - a central communal boiler comes to mind. It only says independent on-off and temp control. Not an independent heating system.
A simple TRV is also on-off and temperature control.

I would have taken it further and gone over their heads, as according to what you posted they are wrong.

Sponsored Links
It was over 10 years ago now and we've got used to it, I can't even remember the guy's name.

We kept arguing but the LABC just kept saying that if we couldn't have the conservatory heating 'on' with out the house heating being 'on' it wasn't 'independent' of it.

I know many builders who just go along with the BCO's even though they are wrong, to reduce delays, even though it cost them more.

It was over 10 years ago now and we've got used to it, I can't even remember the guy's name.

We kept arguing but the LABC just kept saying that if we couldn't have the conservatory heating 'on' with out the house heating being 'on' it wasn't 'independent' of it.

I will see if I can find the link for the guidance notes I found. As soon as I sent the building inspector that, they agreed it was ok.

Sponsored Links
Don't go to any trouble on my account, I'm not going to contest it now after all this time and, like I said in the end I think it worked out for the best for me. However it might help anyone else who has the same problem in the future, although it sounds like LABC's are more reasonable these days. I think 'Part L' was fairly new when I had my experience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back