trv

If you unscrew where your arrow is pointing, you will be in the ****te, the valve head on that model is removed by unscrewing the "grey" ring above.

Sponsored Links
As I said, it is very rough and ready. The pump and the ABV have already been set. Just keep opening the lockshield a quarter turn at a time until the bottom of the radiator gets hot. Whether the temperature drop is exactly 11°C is not important for domestic heating as long as all the radiators get hot with the TRVs set to max. Once the TRVs kick in, any finer setting will be a waste of time and will work against variable zoned heating (i.e. people fiddling with TRVs for comfort and economy).

The main point I was trying to make is that keeping TRVs turned off for months is asking for trouble.

Thanks for all the replies, it turned out the body was goosed as per the pics of a good one & the faulty one. Both are set to the fully open position.
GALLERY]
I cannot get into it to narrow the problem down further, but I guess the pin has become detached from the bellows that I believe operate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back