TS690 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Newbie im afraid.... :( we have recently gone into a shop with an alarm fitted, which had the power disconnected many many years ago. Our sparky today reconnected the power and luckily we had the master code to disarm. All good so far...... then the problem began. we tried to set the system but it said that there had been a panel tamper. We reset the system using the code but now there is another code which comes up saying zone 06 tamper desk. We know from the handbook this is like a panic alarm but cannot find the switch where it is meant to be located? The system wont be monitored and is not connected to the authorities, but does anyone know how to reset the panic alarm as the whole system will not reset without it being cleared?
Thanks so much in advance :D

Sponsored Links
Disconnect the zone and bridge it out in the panel. Panel will go into tamper when you take the cover off.

Disconnect the zone and bridge it out in the panel. Panel will go into tamper when you take the cover off.

Really sorry but by "disconnect the zone" do you mean I need to omit it from arming, or do you mean something else? Im assuming you mean to short out by bridging it in the panel......or am i so thick I shouldnt be asking the question...?

I am grateful for your help though if you dont mind humouring me..... :LOL:

Lectrician means that you should open the panel (which will generate a tamper), type in the code to stop the noise, locate the connections for zone/circuit 5, remove the existing wires and replace them with links of wire. If you have four wires going into Z5 and T5, make two links of wire - one across the Z5 pair and the other across T5. If you have two wires (one into the first Z5 and the other in the last T5) you'll need to replace these with a 2k2 resistor. Finally, replace the panel lid and reset the alarm.

Alternativly, program the circuit as "not used" from engineer's menu 1, option 4. You need the engineer's code and, as you've got the master code, you can reset it to the default as described in the installlation manual.

Sponsored Links
Ok guys now I seem to be getting somewhere.... :LOL:

We removed all of the wiring for the panic switch (the previous tenants had just cut the cable and left it in the roof, obviously they hadn't used it for some years then!!) however....... Now we have aux bell tamper :mad: having read posts on here I think I know how/what to do to get rid of this, but could someone just double check me?

The reason this error has come up is because in the beginning of its life this alarm system was connected to a call centre. As the account is now null and void, I can remove the wiring to the modem, do a factory restore, and all in the world will be well. Right?

Here's hoping.....fingers crossed x

Doing a factory reset WILL NOT remove this fault .... You have a tamper... Right hand side of pcb is a connection marked AUX tamper , is there something connected to it ? If so remove wires and link out , does it now clear ? It may have had an internal sounder fitted .

Ok ooo didn't expect a reply so quickly! Will try that and keep you posted....if you're not bored by then :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back