TS690 Code tamper 01 error - reset help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, our electricity was out for a few hours and during that time my alarm keep going off occasionally with LCD first displaying "Batt Fault" and now with power returned it displays on LCD "Code tamper 01" then "call engineer to reset system". At some point it also displayed "Rem removed" for a short time too. When i enter my passcode now it just beeps once and displays code tamper message.

The alarm was professionally installed by previous owner. I have the user manual. I'm looking for the engineers manual as apparently there are instructions on how to reset the system from the control panel?

Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi there, our electricity was out for a few hours and during that time my alarm keep going off occasionally with LCD first displaying "Batt Fault" and now with power returned it displays on LCD "Code tamper 01" then "call engineer to reset system". At some point it also displayed "Rem removed" for a short time too. When i enter my passcode now it just beeps once and displays code tamper message.

The alarm was professionally installed by previous owner. I have the user manual. I'm looking for the engineers manual as apparently there are instructions on how to reset the system from the control panel?

Any help greatly appreciated
First thing you need is a new battery!

Rem removed indicates a registered keypad on the system became disconnected from the panel - This could be caused simply by low volts due to a dodgy battery.

A code tamper is indeicated when the incorrect usercode is entered too many times. Perhaps the code has reset to the default, so your usercode no longer works.

The fact it stated battery fault indicates the battery voltage fell below a critical level - A sure indication that the battery is shot.

I would change the battery in the panel first, then re-program the system if your usercode no longer works. You would need the install manual and a little knowledge to re-program the system correctly.

All systems go - found the manual late last night and "reset" this morning. Thankfully only the engineers code was reset and all setting stayed intact.

Yes battery is dying at 5 yrs old i guess - which replacement would i need can i get one from Maplins?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back