Tumble Dryer in Metal Shed

Some Beko freezers can be used in unheated spaces. Check the brochure. I don't know but I guess they are an older design.

Appliances have a Climate Class (might not be called this) which denotes which temperature range the appliance is built to operate in.

AFAIK, most UK appliances are SN (between 10 and 32°C).

Sponsored Links
You can buy a lot of appliances for the cost of building a brick shed....
Particularly if using brick creates planning and/or Building Regs issues.

A wooden building can be DIYed more readily than brick - either completely from scratch if you have the time/wherewithal/inclination, or self-assembly kit.

Dunno where you live, but if you look at these people, f'rinstance, you'll see that there's a world of difference between proper wooden outbuildings and the cheapo garden sheds that the sheds sell.

Sponsored Links
Some Beko freezers can be used in unheated spaces. Check the brochure. I don't know but I guess they are an older design.

BEKO have a range of models with a feature called "Feezer Guard" of which they say

"Freezer Guard
Beko's intuitive freezer guard technology means that you can position your freezer anywhere in the home and your food will stay frozen even if the outside temperature drops to as low as -15°C."

I have one of their earlier models with the Climate Class that works down to -5C ambient and it's been working fine in my garage for a few years now.

"Freezer Guard
Beko's intuitive freezer guard technology means that you can position your freezer anywhere in the home and your food will stay frozen even if the outside temperature drops to as low as -15°C."
If and when we have winters where it drops down to -15°C, we can just turn these outdoor freezers off and leave the door open!! :rolleyes:

"Freezer Guard
If and when we have winters where it drops down to -15°C, we can just turn these outdoor freezers off and leave the door open!! :rolleyes:

Don't think -15 Celcius is cold enough - isn't a freezer is supposed to be no higher than -18?

I'd say "curdled milk"

I have sometimes wondered if a kitchen blender would reconstitute it, but I only saw it in old metal cans and it was contaminated with rust flakes, so spoiled.

You could still have tried, for future reference.

Maybe not using your blender though - put a hand-held mixer blade into an electric drill.

I tried with a mixer - sort of propeller-shape - in a drill. Flattened the battery twice, still very granular. I thought of trying to strain it, but found better things to do.

[OFF TOPIC]
OOI, how does emulsion paint like being frozen?
[/ASIDE]

As others have said it takes on a crystallized consistency. After being allowed to thaw naturally (being used later in the year) it seems to perform as expected - although to be fair I can't comment on longevity.

"Freezer Guard

Don't think -15 Celcius is cold enough - isn't a freezer is supposed to be no higher than -18?
Yea it should be at least -18, but obviously I was joking!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back