Turning handle of my window doesn't closed or open window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The type of window I have allows 2 mode of opening.
1. Tilted, so the top tilts inwards to expose top for ventilation
2. Fully, swings open like a regular window.

The handle had suddenly lose it's power, it become really lose and doesn't operate the opening and closing of the windows anymore.

Can somebody advise on what this type of window mechanism is called and how hard is it to replace it?

I've uploaded some photos below
//media.diynot.com/209000_208150_66224_37647136_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/209000_208150_66227_47733052_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/209000_208150_66226_20926301_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/209000_208150_66225_46600169_thumb.jpg

Thanks
Jase

Sponsored Links
There called tilt & turn windows, sounds like the operating spindle might have worn ...pinenot :)

There called tilt & turn windows, sounds like the operating spindle has worn ...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the handle it should have a grub screw holding it to the spindle, if so take it out. The spindle is the square bar of metal, fix a set of grips onto it in such a way as to allow it to operate, you may have to shift the grips to work both directions, if all's well then depending on the state of the spindle end (the bit covered by the handle square hole) you either need a new handle or spindle or both, most likely the handle though...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back