'Turning' Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I plumbed in my bathroom suite quite a while back but I am having trouble with the Hot tap 'turning' i.e. I cant get it tight to the porcalin of the basin.

It is the usual plastic washer underneath and I have tried a bed of silicone between the tap and the basin ...holds for a while but eventually loosens off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as the kids tend to leave the tap facing almost 180 degrees and it does my head in. :mad:

Sponsored Links
Get yourself a pair of brass backnuts, since the ones supplied were probably plastic and are damned awful. You may as well do both whilst you're at it!

Get yourself a pair of brass backnuts, since the ones supplied were probably plastic and are damned awful. You may as well do both whilst you're at it!

Some of the brass ones going about right now from the likes of B&Q are worse than plastic. God only knows what size they are. They must cost about 1P to make,bliddy awful.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice lads ....and your right, it is plastic nuts that were supplied.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back