TV Package is up for renewal.

B

Bodd

Im looking at swapping my TV provider... Im not sure where to start

and as Ive got a bunch of know it all mates, I thought I ask you lot

Im with Sky at the moment, TV Phone, Internet.

Over 100 knickers a month Im paying

Sponsored Links
Scrap the landline, use your mobile for t'intenet via hotspot, if you're linking to a PC.
You don't need landline for Sky (if you've got a dish) if you ain't buying stuff.
Scrap the Sky anyway, it's a rip-off.
Scrap it and they'll offer you 12 months at half-price.

Vodaphone broadband and phone £21
Netflix £9.99

Jobs a good un’

Scrap the landline, use your mobile for t'intenet via hotspot.
You don't need landline for Sky (if you've got a dish) if you ain't buying stuff.
Scrap the Sky anyway, it's a rip-off.
Scrap it and they'll offer you 12 months at half-price.

I keep the land line for my business. Not that we use it but customers like to see one , to know they are not hiring a fly by night.

Sponsored Links
When I was with Sky, and decided to leave, I only had my TV with them, I called them

I was shocked that when I said i want to leave the call handler immediately offered a 50% reduction in my subscription, yes 50%

At that point I just carried on and asked them to cancel my subscription, at which time the call handler offered upgrades at no extra cost, no use to me my sort of "Sport" is not on any normal terrestrial or Satellite channels.

Once off the phone, i was furious, why, because if Sky could have offered me a 50% reduction in subscriptions why had i been paying full whack for several years?

As far as i can see, the market is awash with such providers all very eager to grab the cash.

Could I suggest you ask your present provider for a cost to make you want to stay with them? it may be worth a try? then?? go around all other providers armed with the cost from Saky and see who offers the best option for you.

OK it may take some time on the phone but could be worth it?

Ken

When I was with Sky, and decided to leave, I only had my TV with them, I called them

I was shocked that when I said i want to leave the call handler immediately offered a 50% reduction in my subscription, yes 50%

At that point I just carried on and asked them to cancel my subscription, at which time the call handler offered upgrades at no extra cost, no use to me my sort of "Sport" is not on any normal terrestrial or Satellite channels.

Once off the phone, i was furious, why, because if Sky could have offered me a 50% reduction in subscriptions why had i been paying full whack for several years?

As far as i can see, the market is awash with such providers all very eager to grab the cash.

Could I suggest you ask your present provider for a cost to make you want to stay with them? it may be worth a try? then?? go around all other providers armed with the cost from Saky and see who offers the best option for you.

OK it may take some time on the phone but could be worth it?

Ken
It is always worth it. Whenever I get an annual bill, I phone at the earliest opportunity. My stock phrase is :

“I’ve just received...... for £xx. That seems an awful lot”.

The only people that refuse to budge, oddly, is Direct Line. But, TBF, they are very competitive, car insurance wise, for me. Last weekend, for the 2nd time this financial year, I put my son on the CI for a long weekend. Free of charge!

I keep the land line for my business. Not that we use it but customers like to see one , to know they are not hiring a fly by night.

You can get a "landline" number without having a landline.

Because you've never tried to negotiate a lower price.

Sponsored Links
Back