TV Package is up for renewal.

I see it, I always saw it, it’s an awesome post but has nothing to do with what I said.

I said you could have an accident in your home and not be able to reach your landline.

Your landline could be corded, cordless or you could have both. I’m not saying get rid of it, i’m saying even if you have it you may not be able to get to it.

Sponsored Links
Lots of people have given up their landlines - and survived and will continue to survive.

Safety in numbers I guess.

I see it, I always saw it, it’s an awesome post but has nothing to do with what I said.

I said you could have an accident in your home and not be able to reach your landline.

Your landline could be corded, cordless or you could have both. I’m not saying get rid of it, i’m saying even if you have it you may not be able to get to it.
And the above, BAS, is the way to talk to people. Ian still managed to be civil towards you, despite you showing yourself up to be an utter dick with your stupid, patronising post.

You could learn a lot from Ian. (y)

And the above, BAS, is the way to talk to people. Ian still managed to be civil towards you, despite you showing yourself up to be an utter dick with your stupid, patronising post.

So could you, it would seem. Unless you consider that "you showing yourself up to be an utter dick with your stupid, patronising post" is being civil.

But I stand by what I wrote.

Over and over again I've said of course have a mobile, as well as a landline. So does "if you had an accident in your house you may not be able to get to your land line to call for help. If your mobile was on your person you could make that call" support the idea of having a landline as well, or does it support the idea that you don't need to bother?

Nowhere have I said don't have a mobile AS WELL (not that facts like that are of any interest to you or Ian), so what's the intent of a post stating a benefit of having a mobile AS WELL when nobody has suggested that and the argument is about the wisdom of not having a landline AS WELL?

Sponsored Links
So could you, it would seem. Unless you consider that "you showing yourself up to be an utter dick with your stupid, patronising post" is being civil.

Over and over again I've said of course have a mobile, as well as a landline. So does "if you had an accident in your house you may not be able to get to your land line to call for help. If your mobile was on your person you could make that call" support the idea of having a landline as well, or does it support the idea that you don't need to bother?

Nowhere have I said don't have a mobile AS WELL (not that facts like that are of any interest to you or Ian), so what's the intent of a post stating a benefit of having a mobile AS WELL when nobody has suggested that and the argument is about the wisdom of not having a landline AS WELL?
Of course you do, you always have to be right, even when your wrong.

Just try speaking to people with a bit more civility, esp those who have never been rude to you. Ian hasn't as far as I know, neither had Secures, they are nice members on here and they don't deserve your spew. Try and control yourself hey? (y)

So does "if you had an accident in your house you may not be able to get to your land line to call for help. If your mobile was on your person you could make that call" support the idea of having a landline as well, or does it support the idea that you don't need to bother?

It supports the idea that you have a fully functioning landline in the house and a mobile phone in your pocket.

Of course you do, you always have to be right, even when your wrong.
But I wasn't wrong.

Just try speaking to people with a bit more civility, esp those who have never been rude to you. Ian hasn't as far as I know, neither had Secures, they are nice members on here and they don't deserve your spew. Try and control yourself hey? (y)
You may not be bottom of the list of those whose advice on how I should speak to people I consider worthless and to be utterly ignored, but you're probably in the bottom 5-10.

:rolleyes: well that's cleared that confusion up then :confused: :confused:

so have u got a landline and a mobile than :?: way I see it its best to have both i.e a land line and a mobile.

I have both :cool:

It supports the idea that you have a fully functioning landline in the house and a mobile phone in your pocket.
Really.

That was the idea I had promoted repeatedly since p1 of this topic.

And which multiple people had argued against repeatedly, always citing the advantages of mobiles (which I've never denied), ignoring or downplaying their potential unreliability and ignoring the comparable reliability of landlines.

Then, almost immediately after 3 posts in a row either advocating mobile only or dismissing the risks of that, you pipe up with this:

You could have an accident in your house and not be able to get to a landline.

Which does NOT support the idea that you have a fully functioning landline in the house and a mobile phone in your pocket - it is yet one more post only citing the advantages of mobiles (which I've never denied).

:rolleyes: well that's cleared that confusion up then :confused: :confused:
Lord knows how anybody could have been confused before.

so have u got a landline and a mobile than
Of course.

And funnily enough, just as I was reading your post a short while ago, sat at my PC and within arms reach of a corded landline phone, my mobile rang. It was downstairs.

Which does NOT support the idea that you have a fully functioning landline in the house and a mobile phone in your pocket

Really. If I were unable to get to my landline, then there must be a landline present for me not to be able to get to it.

Surely it doesn’t matter what you rely on, so long as you have no single point of failure? When I sail, I have chart plotter, ipad mobile etc all with various apps so that i never need to use a parallel rule or portland plotter again. I of course know how, but find life is too short to spend hours with your head in tide tables calculating it by hand. If one device fails i have at least 2 others. 2 radios both with Gps. etc.

Well said.

Actually, this could well be a clip of BAS, at 5 secs in.
They probably had to edit out the tirade of "pus-filled, horrid, wretched"-type "observations" that followed, though. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back