Tv/Vcr/Satallite input

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys/gals

For many years now ive been using a little y splitter to feed a connection from my aerial and a connection from my satelltie reciver into my vcr. I wanted to know if there was anything better to use to input two signals into one inlet?

If anyone has any ideas please post, not sure where I should post this sort of question but mods please move if im in the wrong place.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I presume you have this set up to allow you to record satellite channels & terrestrial channels?

If so you don't actually need the 'y-splitter'. Plug the aerial cable into the 'RF-in' socket on the Sat Then connect the 'RF-out' on the Sat to the RF-in'/'ant' socket on the vid. The RF-out on the vid then connects to your tv as normal. Whats happenning here is you are using the 'RF loop' in the sat/vid to combine the terrestrial broadcast with the Sat's RF output & piping both to the TV via the video.

However unless all your kit is very old, you would be better off using Scart cables to connect everything together - better pics and sound.

hi

thanks very much, i dont know why i didnt think of doing that before lol thanks very much! I do loose quality of the aerial signal but i just poped in an amp before it and it was all good

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back