Twin Impeller Shower Pump Connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I am looking for some advise please, I have installed a shower pump under my bath and connected the pump up to the mixer taps and pipe work by using flexiblle tap connectors. I later realised that I was suppose to buy the specific flexible connectors designed for the pump. The only difference I can see is that the specific flexible connectors have plastic screw on fittings and have plastic push on fittings to the pipe , where as the tap connectors i have used have metal screw on connnectors and compression fittings to the pipe .

I have not turned the pump on yet as i am not sure if it is safe to run the way I have rigged it up. I am just running the water form the gravity for now.

Please can someone advise me if it is ok to run the pump as I have installed it or if I should buy the correct fittings and install it again.

Look forward to your replies...

Sponsored Links
snowman23 said:
I should buy the correct fittings and install it again .
Seems as though you have answered your own question there

Pumps are usually rubber mounted to absorb vibration. By fitting rigid pipes you are leaving them prone to the wrath of this vibration.

Golden rule:

Everything that comes with instructions always works best if you follow those instructions

Pumps are usually rubber mounted to absorb vibration. By fitting rigid pipes

The connectors I have fitted are also flexible and not solid pipe , they are just not the ones that are suppose to be bought with the punp. They are standard flexible connectors with stainless steel ends instead of plastic ones, i guess what i am asking is if its safe to attach stainless steel connections to a plastic ended pump[/quote]

So long as there is some 'flexible' pipe between the pump and the rest of the pipework you should be ok with it.
It seems as though you have already got over the usual 'getting the metal nut on to a plastic thread' scenario [potential cross threading]
= no worries

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back