Twisting of toilet boss in soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking to re do the bathroom in the new year, as your will see from the below pictures it is rather out dated. I'm needing to move the toilet from the left of the soil stack ( as you look at it) to the right. I have taken some pictures to show what I mean, but once all the pipes are pulled out can I just twist it round, or will it be a matter of replacing it with another handed one?
This is the soil stack at present, with the toilet waste and another going in to it. The other won't be needed so I will blank it off
The current toilet in reference to the soil stack
The round light on the side of the bath is where the new toilet will be, so going towards the stack from the other direction.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, does look like solvent weld.

You would need to cut the pipe above and below the current branch. Use a new branch. and then a straight coupler or two and some bits of pipe to connect it all back up. (depending on how things work out, you might be to join the new branch straight back to the existing pipe).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back