Two 15 sq m sheds or one 30 sq m shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the need of a storage shed with a workshop but a 15 sq m shed is a bit tight.

A 30sq m shed would be ideal however I am led to understand it has to be 1m from our property boundary and also made of non-combustible material

Could I, instead, build two 15sq m sheds side by side with say 1m between them, one for storage and one as a workshop?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don’t think it needs to be 1m away and non-combustible, it’s one or the other up to 30sq/m

the 15-30 is building regs like insulation rather than planning
often the keeping below 2.5m is a problem with a bigger shed as is complying with the 50% rule

Sponsored Links
Over 15sq m internal floor area and less than 1m from boundary and non combustible materials under BR kicks in, so yes, if <1m from boundary build two separate sheds if they are wood if doing it under permitted development.

The planning rule is if <2m from boundary must all be under 2.5m, over, and it can have 4m ridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back