two 2 way switches to control one light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a fairly simple problem i cant get my head round
the living room lights were once run off 2 switches(both 2 way with c.l1.l2)but it seems the 2nd switch has been isolated.
the first switch has 2 reds and a black.obviously one is live and the other red and black are travellers.(i think)
the second switch has less wires.ill explain what i think has been done in this switch
the black has been disconnected and a red has been linked to the power in from the switch next to it(two switches on one plate other controls kitchen light) but all thats left are 2 black wires, im presuming one is the other traveller from the first switch.but where is the other red traveller?

or is this poss wired diff from how i know,or could the other spare black be the other traveller but someone didnt bother identifying it
cheers

edit: the first switch has c as the live,l1 has the black wire and l2 has another red wire

Sponsored Links
Why don't you use your multimeter to identify permanent and switched lives, and which wires run between the two switches?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back