Two questions - TRVs and central heating inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) I want to replace the (old) single radiators in my house with new double ones, and also fit TRVs in place of the existing valves. Should I put TRVs in every room or leave one or more room without?

2) How do I go about adding inhibitor to the system once the work is done? I have a combi boiler and a sealed system. As I understand it I can add inhibitor via a bleed valve, but how do I get it into the valve? Also, does it matter which radiator it is added to or can it be added to any?

Sponsored Links
You can fit trv's on all rads, apart from the room with the roomstat, which is best fitted with 2 lockshields.

It doesn't matter where you put the inhibitor in the system, do what is easiest. Towel rail is a good choice if you have one.

Thank you. Just one more thing - what do I use to physically add inhibitor to a radiator, some sort of tubing and funnel?

Sponsored Links
I use a pump and take my pick from a set of adapters, but if you don't have access to that, use whatever makes life easy.
And use quality inhibitor, not any of the crap from diy sheds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back