Two tap holes one tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am fitting a basin in a small office which doesn't have a boiler. The hot water will therefore be from an instant water heater. I therefore need a way to blank off the second tap hole in the basin. I have seen this sort of arrangement many times but can't find where to get the "blanking covers" :confused:

Any ideas ?

many thanks in advance

David

Sponsored Links
never seen one...dont they want a cold water tap also ?

Thanks JPC

I'm talking about a two hole basin with a cold tap and a separate instant water heater (ie a single point heater) located above the basin. If I use a single hole basin then the hole is in the middle and so leaves less space for the water from the single point heater. Hope that makes sense. The ideal situation would be a single hole basin with the hole only on one side (not sure if you get these) but I have seen basins with a cold tap on one side and the second hole blanked off with the single point heater above.

Sponsored Links
most plumbers merchants do caps to block the hole off.
like these in chrome.

mjhb.jpg

Slightly off-topic, but did you put that in Seco or is it just one you happen to have a picture of?

not the basin or powerpoint.
just the tiles, chrome pipe/tap and new handwash.

its in wifes shop and she just wanted a splashback and new handwash.

Ah right, just intrigued as to why the cold tap's so high up...

thought you might say that.

as you know the handwash does your hot/cold.
but she wanted a tap of the cold to be able to fill her bucket for the mop.
to mop over the floor.

so i put it where she ordered me to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back