Tyre Puncture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people iam new to the forum but need help i have an MG ZR and one of its tires always seem to need air put in. i have had the tyre checked and the garage could not find any holes in it does any one have any idea what it could be?? I have to ut air into it rounghly every 2-3 weeks anbd its a real pain please help!

Sponsored Links
Take it to a tyre shop, ask them to take it off, clean the rim up a bit, and put some bead seal around it and refit.

Has the rim its on been kept as the spare for any length of time?

Sponsored Links
Some alloy wheels develop slow leaks because they have tiny flaws in the casting. They don't become obvious until the lacquer wears or gets damaged and exposes the minute holes. This however is unusual in relatively new wheels and far more common is a very small leak on the tyre. Sometimes the pressure takes weeks to drop and it's extremely annoying but hard to trace if it's really small. They might be able to fit a tube for you but your tyres may not be suitable for tubes. You can buy a liquid that protects your tyres from punctures for life but it's quite expensive, but then again I don't suppose your tyres were exactly cheap.

Back