UFH in concrete and suspended floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm in the early stages of planning an extension, that I'll be (mostly) self building. I'd like some advice on the UFH. I'm in a 3 bed semi that we're going to extend at the rear to make the usual large kitchen diner. This is going to create one large room at the back with half the floor as a slab, and half as the old suspended timber. Ideally, I'd like to have all of that as one zone, as well as a zone for the hallway and one for the downstairs loo and upstairs bathroom.

I've been reading up on the wet systems and they seem fairly straightforward to fit under a screeded floor, and using spreader plates between joists, ok for suspended floors. What I'm struggling with is the transition between the two, which I'll have between the new/existing floors! Is there a usual way of doing this, or will I have to split the new room into two zones and have the screeded and timber systems separate?

Also, any general opinions on the best systems? I'll probably hard wire all the stats, but does that exclude me from having them smart controlled via an app?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I would guess that the extension is 30 sq meters plus so it will need more than one run of pipe so split the one room into 2 circuits one in the screed and one suspended floor

yes, sorry I missed out the size. It will be roughly 30 sqm, so yeah that sounds perfect to me. Problem solved! cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back