UFH not getting fully heated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

It is always great to post things here as everyone is willing to help. My UFH got installed 1 year ago and it does not get heated properly.

I notice pipes connected to blue are hot and pipes in red are warm so not sure if engineer has connected pipes properly. I am also not sure on the pressure of each valve.

Please suggest if connecs are correct and also if both pipes are not equally hot also how to bleed the system

Video link

Attachments

• 20231215_192145.jpg
    20231215_192145.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
It looks to be plumbed incorrectly, if the flowmeters arn't showing a flow rate then flow/return probably reversed.

Thanks John, is there any other way to test/verify or should I just swap the pipes ?

I would contact the installers as they have a duty IMO to get your system working properly, also just check the thermostatic mixing valve and ensure its installed correctly, there should be H & C and maybe a arrow on the body.

Happy Christmas

John :giggle:

Sponsored Links
On your blending valve to flow ( hot from boiler) goes into the bottom pipe. The return back to the boiler the pipe on the left. If these care crossed it will constantly struggle to blend and once the return gets hot it around the valve it will cause the underfloor system to pump anything through the circuits. either swap the pipes around, or as a temporary fix, turn the blending valve to max temp and turn your boiler flow temp down to around 45 degrees.

+1, if it's a standard blending valve (reliance type) the flow should be into the bottom, return can be either side, whoever fitted it was obviously a muppet.

1703592496991.png

As suggested, if the original installer is still about I'd be getting them back to sort it out.

On your blending valve to flow ( hot from boiler) goes into the bottom pipe. The return back to the boiler the pipe on the left. If these care crossed it will constantly struggle to blend and once the return gets hot it around the valve it will cause the underfloor system to pump anything through the circuits. either swap the pipes around, or as a temporary fix, turn the blending valve to max temp and turn your boiler flow temp down to around 45 degrees.
After reducing the flow temperature to 45C maybe turn the blending valve to min temperature to get the shuttle to move to the fully cold position which will throttle off the hot port (now cold supply) and open up the cold (now hot supply)?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back