ufh tile on tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Conflicting info on whether one can lay ufh cable on existing tiles before retiling on top. The present floor tiles are laid on concrete and will be extremely difficult to remove. I realise that some of the floor heat will travel down unless there is a very thin reflective material that can be used. Warmup agents say NOT to tile on tile, howeven Warmup website says its possible - as does the Underfloor Heating UK site which states: be fitted directly on to your existing floor whether it is concrete, timber or even an old tiled or terrazzo surface without needing to cut up the existing floor construction.
Has anyone out there had any experience with this and what results? Help please!

Sponsored Links
I would give the technical helpline a ring and get info from them directly,if
it was me though I would take up the old tiles,an sds wil normally make sort work of tiles laid on concrete ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back