UHU glue on car dashboard

sya

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

i am new here, hope anyone of you will be able to help me out.. i accidentally spilt UHU glue on my car dashboard, how is it possible for me to remove it without damaging the car dashboard?its a new car,i have read about nail varnish remover, but is there any side effects?

Also, if i have stick my decorative item with it, is there any way to remove it also without damaging the dashboard? not that i wanna remove it, but in case, in future if i intend to...please reply.

Sponsored Links
It depends on the type of plastic and the solvent in the glue, it could have made a permanant bond by disolving the dashboard. I would suggest you try some more glue on an area that doesn't show. Try scraping it off after a few seconds, if it has taken the shine off the plastic or the glue comes off with the colour of the plastic in it there is not much you can do about it, if it doesn't a solvent such as nail varnish remover may shift it but again try some on a none exposed area first.

Peter

• Thanks
Reactions: sya
Try using methalyated spirits, that can often break down many adhesives without causing damage.

Sponsored Links
Whatever you try to use, try a small bit on an unseen area of the dashboard first, leave it 24hrs before going any further.

That way if there are any adverse effects you will not have ruined the dash.

Back