UHU glue on car dashboard

sya

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

i am new here, hope anyone of you will be able to help me out.. i accidentally spilt UHU glue on my car dashboard, how is it possible for me to remove it without damaging the car dashboard?its a new car,i have read about nail varnish remover, but is there any side effects?

Also, if i have stick my decorative item with it, is there any way to remove it also without damaging the dashboard? not that i wanna remove it, but in case, in future if i intend to...please reply.

Sponsored Links
You could just leave it well alone, since the effect of sunlight on it may degrade it over a few weeks (assuming its not in complete shadow). I wouldn't try nail varnish remover, which is acetone, it may effect the dashboard material itself.

You could just leave it well alone, since the effect of sunlight on it may degrade it over a few weeks (assuming its not in complete shadow). I wouldn't try nail varnish remover, which is acetone, it may effect the dashboard material itself.

hi Zokko,

i have not tried cleaning it yet..would soap with water help? if i try to wipe it, must i use cold water or warm water? whichever with the best effect, at the moment, i just left it.

thanks for stopping me from using nail varnish. but they have lots of car items like M3 adhesive, wax etc..wil any of that help?

i really wanna do sumthing.

Sponsored Links
Stick a label over it like, For sale, Fasten your belt or Do not remove. Anything would be better than a sploggy glue mark.

Acetone is a no-no. :!: :!: :!: It's one of the few solvents that attacks PVC.

I might be wrong but I think the solvent for UHU is toluene, which is not something I've seen recently in a hardware shop. For a first attempt try surgical spirit which you can get at any chemist. If that doesn't work, look for something called "Sticky label remover" or similar. It's designed to remove the sticky residue and bits of paper that always remain when you peel one of the little horrors off. (Why, when we can put a man on the moon, can we not make a sticky label that peels off in one piece! :evil: :evil: :evil: )

I've used this stuff on lots of plastics, including polystyrene, and it hasn't done any damage but the usual rule applies: before you use anything, test it on an inconspicuous area first.

PS: You should have posted this in General DIY. :) :) :)

• Thanks
Reactions: sya
Acetone is a no-no. :!: :!: :!: It's one of the few solvents that attacks PVC.

I might be wrong but I think the solvent for UHU is toluene, which is not something I've seen recently in a hardware shop. For a first attempt try surgical spirit which you can get at any chemist. If that doesn't work, look for something called "Sticky label remover" or similar. It's designed to remove the sticky residue and bits of paper that always remain when you peel one of the little horrors off. (Why, when we can put a man on the moon, can we not make a sticky label that peels off in one piece! :evil: :evil: :evil: )

I've used this stuff on lots of plastics, including polystyrene, and it hasn't done any damage but the usual rule applies: before you use anything, test it on an inconspicuous area first.

PS: You should have posted this in General DIY. :) :) :)
\

think i will try wiping it off with petrol...

It's not a proton is it? Best to leave it incase the whole lot falls apart. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back