Uk Brexit Whitepaper - We are now Ukraine!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So from being in the same league as Germany we will aspire to become more like Ukraine a third country association agreement.

This is like a premier league club aspiring to play in League One.

Utter madness.

Sponsored Links
2 years after the referendum, we have a white paper.
This should have been written before the referendum!
Damn fools in government.

Sponsored Links
what I want from brexit is to withdraw from the EU ,I don't want our laws made by unelected EU manderins,if someone has power to make the rules that we live by I want to have the chance to vote them in/out .I would like small goverment in this country to work for the benifit of this country.I would hope that a leaver would do what the people voted for which was not half in/half out that mays deal appears to be.

what I want from brexit is to withdraw from the EU ,I don't want our laws made by unelected EU manderins,if someone has power to make the rules that we live by I want to have the chance to vote them in/out .I would like small goverment in this country to work for the benifit of this country.I would hope that a leaver would do what the people voted for which was not half in/half out that mays deal appears to be.

So how many EU Laws do we implement a year compared to those we make ourselves. It's about 10 to 1 we make our laws compared to implementing EU laws.

Your vote counts for nothing if you are uninformed.

What is small government?

What benefit are you talking about?

Leaving the EU. So that means trading on the basis of WTO rules - do you know what that means?

Hard border and checks on all goods entering and entering the UK. We don't have the capacity to manage that. Any delays in supply chains could end up them shutting down. You want fish rotting in Lorrys whilst you wait for clearance?

Have you actually thought about what you are asking for?

Leaving the EU. So that means trading on the basis of WTO rules - do you know what that means?

Hard border and checks on all goods entering and entering the UK. We don't have the capacity to manage that. Any delays in supply chains could end up them shutting down. You want fish rotting in Lorrys whilst you wait for clearance?

Have you actually thought about what you are asking for?
Employ more people, tax & NI revenue increases, benefit payments go down, win win I would say.

I would hope that a leaver would do what the people voted for which was not half in/half out that mays deal appears to be.

All you voted for was to leave the EU. The letter of resignation has already been sent and we are now in the notice period.

Subsequent treaties and agreements are to be expected. The content and format of these was not specified in the referendum so you can't say that people voted for anything in particular. You'll get whatever the government of the day can get and thinks appropriate.

May's wishlist is the only proposal on the table. Rabid Quitters like Rees-Mogg, Gove and Johnson have spent two years criticising, but they haven't come up with a better proposal; or indeed any proposal at all.

What actually gets agreed with the EU will be somewhat different.

Employ more people, tax & NI revenue increases, benefit payments go down, win win I would say.

How long would that take?

How much would it cost?

These would be government jobs - increasing the size of the state - isn't that something you constantly moan about.

and now EU will make new laws that affect trade, business between UK and EU, and whereas before we had veto powers, and a lot of influence, now we'll have none at all.

and now EU will make new laws that affect trade, business between UK and EU, and whereas before we had veto powers, and a lot of influence, now we'll have none at all.

It's far worse than that. Chief Brexiter Rees Mogg solution is based on work by the discredited analysis by Minford. Essentially their solution is to remove tariffs (Rees Moggs has said this himself) and the impact that will have is the destruction of UK manufacturing. Minford own words -

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mps-react-after-vote-leave-11269819

“It is perfectly true that if you remove protection of the sort that has been given particularly to the car industry and other manufacturing industries inside the protective wall, you will have a change in the situation facing that industry, and you are going to have to run it down.

“Over time, if we left the EU, it seems likely that we would mostly eliminate manufacturing, leaving mainly industries such as design, marketing and hi-tech. But this shouldn’t scare us.

I give up at the utter stupidity.

A total dogs dinner...

The dumb quitters should be up in arms and calling for a right to vote on it...
(They don't even get close to their xenophobic wish list)

But oh that's right, they didn't want a say on any 'deal' :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back