Uk Growth rate fastest it's ever been - beating the EU

Our next government will have a hell of a lot of work to do, trying to repair some of the Brexers' damage.

"UK’s goods exports lowest in G7 following Brexit, study finds​

Valentina Romei in London 6 HOURS AGO

Britain’s goods exports are lagging all other G7 economies, according to an analysis by the Financial Times, which trade experts said provided more evidence of the impact of Brexit.

Quarterly figures published by the Office for National Statistics in March showed that in the last three months of 2022, UK export volumes, excluding precious metals, were more than 9 per cent below the 2019 pre-pandemic average.

Analyses by the Bank of England and the Office for Budget Responsibility, the UK fiscal watchdog, show that the country’s exports may be even weaker, with the OBR predicting that the underperformance will continue for the next two years.

Sophie Hale, trade economist at the Resolution Foundation think-tank, described the UK’s performance as “a disaster”. The drop in goods export volumes marked “a quite substantial fall and it really leaves the UK at the bottom of the G7 pack”, she added.

The ONS data shows the UK had the weakest export performance in the G7, and compares with double-digit rises in Italian and Japanese exports, 4 per cent growth for the US and 2 per cent for Germany.

The findings come as the IMF predicted that the UK economy would be the worst performing in the G7 in 2023, contracting by 0.3 per cent."

FT.com

chrome_screenshot_1681378723337.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Lets have a look at the whole picture shall we..

The UK’s strong performance in services exports looks far more promising however, even accounting for some exaggeration due to data measurement issues. The UK – which is already the second largest exporter of services in the world (behind only the US) – recorded the strongest performance in services exports in the G7 between Q4 2021 and Q4 2022. UK services exports were 15 per cent higher in 2022 than they were the year before.

And that is without looking at why precious metals were excluded.

UK services exports were 15 per cent higher in 2022 than they were the year before.
The year before, eh?

Smashed by Covid.

"Man falls into pit, climbs half way out, and boasts that he is rising"

I suppose their must be some reason why you avoid mentioning the damage to UK that followed Brexit.

And that is without looking at why precious metals were excluded.

Selling gold reserves is not a sign of manufacturing or export success.

Yes IMF said we'd grow in 2021 by 4.5% and yet we grew 7.5%. If I forecast my business so poorly, I'd be broke and unemployed.

Sponsored Links
Yes IMF said we'd grow in 2021 by 4.5% and yet we grew 7.5%. If I forecast my business so poorly, I'd be broke and unemployed.
You don't half love cherry-picking 2021. The (covid) economic bounces, don't you just love 'em.

Brexit is shít for the UK boyo, own it.

Performance figures aside, Brexit is not primarily about trade and finance. It is about getting away from a supranational organisation that wants to erase our nationhood and override our democratc system.

Performance figures aside, Brexit is not primarily about trade and finance. It is about getting away from a supranational organisation that wants to erase our nationhood and override our democratc system.
How did the EU “erase our nationhood” whilst we were an EU member?

Brexers were really, really keen on keeping foreigners out.

You don't hear that mentioned much now.

How did it work out?

Brexers were really, really keen on keeping foreigners out.

You don't hear that mentioned much now.

How did it work out?

Ask the Italians, the Spanish, the Greeks, the Finns, seems that Marine Le Pen will be helping us deport a few when she takes over from Macron.

It's all looking good John.

Sponsored Links
Back