UKIP party political

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw the UKIP party political for the second time. Noticed they repeated some of the stuff people have posted on here previously. Like us giving the EU 15 billion next year? well probably true, but they will be giving 13 billion back too. Ok to say it how it is, but hardly fair to exagerate.

Like banning genetically modified crops? The EU is all in favour of that, the problem is it is considered unfair restraint of trade under international agreements we have signed up to. Being in the EU is totally irrelevant to whether we can ban them. It is a GATT issue.

naughty, naughty.

Sponsored Links
The UKIP party political was the most entertaining thing on the telly tonight but I did think that the giant octopus was just scare tactics :D

Just like watching the Doctor who party political (oops, episode). Only they never said who to vote for.

Damocles said:
Just like watching the Doctor who party political (oops, episode). Only they never said who to vote for.
Having worked for the Beeb for many years in the past it came as no surprise that they would try to have a dig at the government at some point or other.
After the public embarassment of having to admit wrong doings they were bound to hit back in their usual cowardly way where there is no chance of the other party being able to redress the balance.
Although they did dress it up as a comedy scene the intent was there.

Sponsored Links
Damocles said:
Like us giving the EU 15 billion next year? well probably true, but they will be giving 13 billion back too. Ok to say it how it is, but hardly fair to exagerate.
England pays over £1,250,000 per hour as a membership fee of the EU. England receives some money from the EU but every pound received by England costs the English taxpayer £4.15 and it must be spent dictated by th EU.

I give up.

Damocles wrote.

Just saw the UKIP party political for the second time. Noticed they repeated some of the stuff people have posted on here previously. Like us giving the EU 15 billion next year? well probably true, but they will be giving 13 billion back too. Ok to say it how it is, but hardly fair to exagerate.

If I give you the benefit of the doubt here, can you tell us what we get for this £2B PA contribution?

Even if these figures were true(any references Damocles, please?) they do not include the full cost to the UK. We have tens of thousands of civil servants and bureaucrats, employed and paid for in the UK, just to administer the EU rules. These costs are bourne by the British taxpayer and are never included in our nett contribution figures. If we had no EU we would have no use for these hidden costs.

kendor2 said:
. Having worked for the Beeb for many years in the past it came as no surprise that they would try to have a dig at the government at some point or other..
No surprise ? :rolleyes:
As long as we have a non labour government the beeb will slag them, their (beaurocratic) jobs depend on the sucker tax payer, just like labour. and i'd never vote conservative after what maggy did to me

We had some long threads on here recently about the EU. The figures on net contributions were in there somewhere, together with the current argument about whether Britain ought to give up its rebate. The rebate which automatically gives us back the majority of our excess contributions.

Damocles said:
We had some long threads on here recently about the EU. The figures on net contributions were in there somewhere, together with the current argument about whether Britain ought to give up its rebate. The rebate which automatically gives us back the majority of our excess contributions.

What do we actually get for the the £2 Billion you say we contribute?

Arguments for and against aside. Could this country actually back out of the EU if we wanted too? Or are we up to our proverbial neck in it with no-way out?

Seeing as this coutry doesn't seem to manufacture anything anymore, the reasons for being in a free market seem less obvious to me?

If I manufactured a product with European appeal, I would obviously like to be able to sell that product within Europe easily, but I don't. Seeing as most of the goods I purchase have 'Made outside the EU' printed on them why should I give a damn about Europe?

mildmanneredjanitor said:
Arguments for and against aside. Could this country actually back out of the EU if we wanted too? Or are we up to our proverbial neck in it with no-way out?
It will be soon illegal to withdraw from the EU, even talking or writing about leaving will be illegal. If we choose not to join the euro the EU can decide for us whether we want to or not. Once we have the euro England will have to a member of the EU, Blair has cleverly blackmailed us and there is nothing we can do about it.

Over 50% of managers in England say they would not now start a new business in England because of the extra bureaucracy the EU has added to our lives.

Those of you who voted for a Labour candidate at the 2001 elections effectively gave Tony Blair a free hand to sell what is left of English independence.

And did you know that Tony Blair former research assistant Brendan Barns once said "Politicians are full of shi t and after power."

Tony Blair is selling England down the river so he can be the president of the EU. Blair doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I'm a floating voter and I will not be voting for Blair.

masona said:
mildmanneredjanitor said:
It will be soon illegal to withdraw from the EU, even talking or writing about leaving will be illegal. If we choose not to join the euro the EU can decide for us whether we want to or not. Once we have the euro England will have to a member of the EU, Blair has cleverly blackmailed us and there is nothing we can do about it.

Over 50% of managers in England say they would not now start a new business in England because of the extra bureaucracy the EU has added to our lives.

Those of you who voted for a Labour candidate at the 2001 elections effectively gave Tony Blair a free hand to sell what is left of English independence.

And did you know that Tony Blair former research assistant Brendan Barns once said "Politicians are full of shi t and after power."

Tony Blair is selling England down the river so he can be the president of the EU. Blair doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I'm a floating voter and I will not be voting for Blair.
But if you're a floating voter. did you not heed the flod warnings ???????

What we get for our money is not to have to fight wars in Europe any more and a power base which allows us to say 'no' to the Americans.

Sponsored Links
Back