unable to repressurise Worcester 28CDi after drain down

IIRC, after that point there is no further non-return valve, so in normal operation there will be hot boiler water there. Given it's a coolish spot, probably with a small 'dead leg' and eddies tending to drop particles in the 'branch' off the main flow, I suspect what you dug out was 'precipitated' magnetite, which forms hard, crusty deposits.
So chances are your system has no or insufficient corrosion inhibitor in it! This is also probably bad news for your secondary heat exchanger - as it's a combi.

Sponsored Links
As previous posters have said, there is not much to the filling loop itself.

As you look at the filling loop, the right hand side joins directly to the diverter valve, via a O ring seal. The diverter valve could be blocked, the other end connects , if i remember to the flow side of the boiler, again via O ring seal.

Really you need to dismantle the filling loop assembly, then you need to remove the W/W heat exchanger and clear that, this will enable you to remove / dismantle the D / Valve.

Its sounds as if your boiler is clogged with black debris, and needs a good clear out.

Be warned tho, if you do decide to strip the water sections, its worth investing in a complete O ring replacment pack, cos if you try to use the same O rings again, it will leak like a good un. :evil:

Its not the easiest boiler to strip,, but then practise makes perfect.

Good luck. ;)

Dave.

Just to add, totally agree with croydoncorgi, if you do get round to removing the D / Valve at the back is or should be a small inlet water filter.

Although it could be blocked but i very much doubt it.

Reason been, water authority down here have been changing water meters and its caused no end of problems with clogged W/W heat exchangers and D / Valves.

Just a thought.

Dave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back