Unblocking chemicals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen a few chemical unblockers on the market such as Mr Muscle etc but I'd rather use one that has been personally reccommended.

What do you guys prefer to use.? :D

Sponsored Links
Never use them always use a mechanical aid to remove/clear blockages.
Pete

Its a flat and I have cleaned out the trap and pipe that I can get to.

Unfortunately I can't do any more hence the need for chemicals, :(

If you have any flow at all, try two big loads of boiling water. After the first has passed, the grot will be softer, and the second, by the time it's heated, will do more clearing.
Mr Muscle does at least somtimes work.
So do drain unblockers cantaining sulphuric acid, but it's nasty stuff.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that you have got a blockage, or poor flow down the drains?

Please describe what is hapening.

It might be poor design and build; it might be a colapse; it might be tealeaves/rice//bacon fat/kitchen roll/disposable nappy/plastic toy but you haven't given any clues as to what is happening and why you have had to make several attempts.

Its a first floor flat and the water is going down from the basin albeit very slowly.

I've cleaned out what I can access, the rest of the waste being boxed in. :(

Bathroom basin is not so likely to have undesirable things pushed down it. Has it got a bottle trap? they are very prone to blocking for no apparent reason. Have you taken the trap off and emptied it?

Maybe you have a long horizontal run or something before it joins the stack; or maybe there is something horrible in the stack.

When did it last flow well?

When did it last flow well?

Been like it a few months and have cleaned out what I can.

Do you know a good product which I will try after trying Chris's suggestion with the hot water. :?:

I never get blockages in my house, but I bought my mother some washing soda and one of these
ff_2.JPG

as tealeaves, peas and fat magically transport themselves into her sink trap.

You put the washing soda in the waste, wash it down with a little boiling water, and leave overnight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back