Uncoiling Plastic Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this may be a daft question......but......I'm putting a cold water supply into the cellar using 15mm plastic (barrier) pipe which was great running round the back of all the kitchen units as the flexibility helped.

Now I'm in the cold-ish cellar and the pipe just stays bent as it comes off the coil.

This is giving me great problems as the pipe clips have to be glued to the cellar wall, screwing them on would puncture the membrane, and the spring in the pipe is pulling them off. Also cutting short lengths gives you a piece of pipe with a slight bend that makes life just that little bit more difficult...

Am I missing something here? Will the pipe straighten out if I heat it?

Sponsored Links
One way is to run hot water through it. Or store the coil in a warm room overnight, then uncoil it quickly.

Hot water for short pieces works fine.

I've just cut a couple of 2 metre lengths off and put them on top of the radiator, I'll see how that goes.

What do plumbers on new build sites do in cold weather with no central heating? Take a blow torch to it??????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back