Under cupboard florescent lights not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, All of my lights are not coming on under the kitchen cupboards, I've pushed in all the individual sockets to each bulb and they are all fine. the socket where I switch them all on is a double switch, the one switch puts on mini spotlights over the sink and that is fine, the other switch puts on the under cupboard lights. Any ideas what's wrong please?

Sponsored Links
What kind of lights are they?

Are they 12V, do they have a transformer? (no need Winston)
Is there a fused connection unit anywhere?

You do know it's not a transformer, don't you?

You might have worked in the industry for years, but I want to patronise you incessantly.

;)

Sponsored Links
Yes there is a transformer that all the cables run into on top of the cupboards and it says 12v

It could be that has failed.

Have you a multimeter to make sure there is voltage to it and out of it?

I have no idea what a multimeter is! All i do know is that there are other wires coming out of it going to the mini spotlights above the sink and they are working so I guess it works. Or am I being a bit thick in thinking that?

It could be that has failed.

Have you a multimeter to make sure there is voltage to it and out of it?

Only of use if it is a transformer. If it is a 35kHz switching power supply a multimeter won't be able to measure the output.

I have no idea what a multimeter is! All i do know is that there are other wires coming out of it going to the mini spotlights above the sink and they are working so I guess it works. Or am I being a bit thick in thinking that?

I still think the fluorescent lights are 240v and the supply on top of the cabinets is a red herring.

I still think the fluorescent lights are 240v
Why?

and the supply on top of the cabinets is a red herring.
Don't be silly.
upload_2015-11-19_23-17-57.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back