under floor heating , Why cant I ...............

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
GENTS - PICTURE IF YOU WILL.......... A Small ( cold ) conservatory :( built right on to a dining room - theres a 4 foot central heating radiator RIGHT next to the conservatory doors - I want to tap in to the very accessible and close by radiator and feed under laminate floor central heating to the conservatory :D It looks so easy to just tap in to the adjacent radiators feed and return lines with some flexi pipe and bobs your warm toed uncle ;) but google wont let me Ive been on half a dozen underfloor heating sites and they all recomend a thermostat system and another pump :evil: Why do I have to fanny about with all that lot ???? a few meters of flexi pipe isnt gonna put no great strain on the system is it,
I,m not after red hot roman baths style under floor burners conservatory is only about 10 by 8 and has a plug in electric heater on the wall I only want to take the chill off . P.S. Ive got an inch of drop from the dining room floor down to the conservatory floor so PLENTY of space to hide the pipes in .
come on then you lot tell me just how wrong I am :oops: :oops: :oops: wheres my cheque book. cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
because your floor would up at the same temperature as the water flowing through the rads (maybe not the same temp but certainly too hot to walk on) there are single room kits on the market exactly for this, have a search .

As Picasso says, it's all to do with the temperature of the water in your system.

Your flow to your radiator circuit is typically 80 deg C, returning at about 60 degrees.

The flow temp to an u/floor system is typically 50 deg C to prevent you doing a little dance everytime you step on it!

Sponsored Links
As Picasso says, it's all to do with the temperature of the water in your system.

Your flow to your radiator circuit is typically 80 deg C, returning at about 60 degrees.

The flow temp to an u/floor system is typically 50 deg C to prevent you doing a little dance everytime you step on it!

CHEERS GUYS , any systems you know of a bit cheeper than £350 . 00

Have you considered leccy u/floor heating.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's a little more straight forward than a wet system. Plus you don't have to worry about heating loads being robbed from other parts of your house.

you could use electric underfloor heating.
As you are wanting to take the chill off the tiles on a cold morning its a great thing. Used with an electronic thermostat you can have it switch on at different times of the day so its warm for you when you need it. :D

I bought mine here...

http://www.totalbathrooms.co.uk/Thermonet-Basic-100WM

Hope that helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back