underheating using radiators flow-return pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove a radiator from a small hall (2 square metre) to win some space and heat the area using water underheating. I have proper underheating in some big rooms but since this area is so small I am thinking of running some plastic pipes and connect them directly to the flow and return of the radiator that I want to remove.

1. Will this underheating system work even if it is not as efficient as a proper underheating system?
2. Will this underheating system affect the rest of the remaining radiators of the circuit?
3. The radiators are connected with 15 mm pipe, can I use 10 mm plastic pipe to install this underheating or should it be 15 mm pipe (I would not like to lift the floor to much and have problems to open the door)?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You MIGHT get away with it - so long as the floor material is suitable. You must NOT overheat the floor.

The smallest Uponor underfloor kit includes a very simple temperature controller that goes at the Return end of the floor loop (ie. when it gets too hot it closes, so the floor (in theory) cannot get too hot. Probably suitable for your requirement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back