uneven asphalt floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I hope I'm not being repetative but I haven't found any conclusive advice for my query through searching the forum.

I have an uneven asphalt floor which I would like to tile with large travertine tiles (610x406). It's about 30m2 but I'm unsure whether it possible (or necessary) to use a self leveller prior to laying the tiles or to just increase the quantity of adhesive in these areas.

The area to be tiled is a kitchen/family room and so has quite heavy usage and the floor runs off about an inch or so, with a couple of bows along the way, through the main walkthrough area from one end of the room to the other.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
L.

Sponsored Links
you will be best to get the floor as LEVEL as possible,those size of tiles..your bound to get lippage with the sounds of it.

as for biulding/bedding with more addy under tiles,you will be making pressure points on these said tiles...ashesive will only help so much,but about an inch and also bowing in the floor....aint going to work bud.

..you can get slc, and add granite/aggrerrate chippings to help thickin it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back