unknown part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have bought a waterfall bath tap off the net and it has been shipped from china.

I had to cut a particular part down but messed up and cut to much off. I need to get another one, but don't know what the part is.

In the image, it is the brass part coming out of the bottom of the main tap.

It has a 20mm outside thread and the other thread is 16mm outside.

Does anyone know what this part is?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
There's a thread one end that screws into the chrome tap. I can't measure the internal dimensions properly because it is a hexagon shape to allow you to tighten it using a radiator key.

The other end accepts standard fittings. Internal dimensions 15mm.

Cheers

It looks like this. http://www.bes.co.uk/products/158b.asp Hexagon BSP Taper, Reducing. By your description you want the 1/2" to 3/4" reducer. But I don't know the length. This is the problem you get if you get something from China or India you've got no backup if something goes wrong. Save a few quid on the internet and loose a fortune if you have a problem :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi Mountainmick.

Yes that looks like the part.

I hope that it is 3/4 to 1/2" now and not some weird chinese size.

Thanks.

Guarantee it won't be English size, this is the problem of people buying cheap crap from abroad, it's fine until it goes wrong. You'll be lucky to fix it I'm afraid. Wouldn't pay too much to bes as you'll end up having a load of spare bits.

It looks like this.
If you mean Part # 10596 it wont do the job. Much too short. It's just a bog standard reducing hex nipple. There will not be enough thread to fit a washer, locknut and tap connector.

I took the part and tap to a plumbers merchant and guess what, They didn't have a replacement part.

He said it was typical, as I've bought it of the net.

He managed to give me a few other part that I've had to put together, which I've done, but can't test it properly.

The extended bath waste that I also bought off the net has a screw that is to short, so I cannot fit it yet. I'll have to pop back to the merchants to get a longer screw.

Cheers.

You won't get anything to fit I'm sure of it, only option is buy again or if poss contact the Chinese lot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back