UNSAFE APPLIANCE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if i came across a back boiler and fire in a landlords property to service the appliance and acording to the regs if the appliance which are unsafe
due to faulty,or lack of , servicing it should be I.D AND A RIDDOR report
do you think this is right

Sponsored Links
In what way is the appliance unsafe? Is it life threatening?

Let me see if I have understood this properly;

A landlord asks you to service a back boiler. Because it needs servicing, you consider reporting him to the HSE on the grounds that it needs a service.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

if an appliance is unsafe due to faulty servicing then RIDDOR may be applicable, as to what level ie ID OR AR depends on how "unsafe" it is.

Sponsored Links
ArtfulBodger said:
Let me see if I have understood this properly;

A landlord asks you to service a back boiler. Because it needs servicing, you consider reporting him to the HSE on the grounds that it needs a service.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Could be alot of money to be made with a new scam here

Its just the strange way of wording the regulation.....I've always assumed this referred to a recent service resulting in the appliance being left in an unsafe condition which is not covered specifically by any other reg.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back