Unstable Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Currently refitting my bathroom. I have put the steel bath into position and screwed the feet into the floor but there is still alot of movment to it.

I did not think that steel baths required batons fitting to the walls, and there was no mention of fitting a frame with the bath instructions.

Is there and tips to improve the rigidity of my bathing equipment?

ta

Sponsored Links
yeah take it back out and run 2x1 cls around the wall so that the bottom lip of the bath sits on top. Bed it onto these with numerous tube of silicone!

Has the legs of the bath been secured correctly? are there adjustable feet and have you extended them to their limit? is the floor beneath the bath sound? you need to ask yourself these questions first.

Sponsored Links
Has the legs of the bath been secured correctly? are there adjustable feet and have you extended them to their limit? is the floor beneath the bath sound? you need to ask yourself these questions first.

legs are extended about 2/3, floor beneth the bath is concrete (downstairs bathroom) and i have screwed the feet into the floor by drilling holes and using wall plugs

CLS stands for Canadian Lumber Sizes and refers to a limited selection of planed and rounded edge softwood sections used in carcass and stud work.

Any suitable timber section would be fine but perhaps best treated in case of dampness.

Now where did I leave my life!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back