Unvented cylinder preference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just spec'ing up a job for a customer (I'm probably not doing the work though).

The requirement is for an unvented cylinder around 125 litre, looking at the different options the well known Heatrae Sadia Megaflo HE comes in at around £700. The Telford Tempest is around £540.

They are both made from higher quality duplex stainless. I know some people report problems with buble tops loosing the air gap in a short time in some areas of the country. The seperate expansion vessel on the Tempest is no big deal. Both have a decent sized primary coil and better quality immmersion heater.

Anyone know of any problems with the lower (and more sensible) priced Telford? Are we just paying for the huge advertising budget of Heatrae Sadia?. I know they have more experience and backup - I came across a heater made by them in the 50's on a cold war sub the other day!

Sponsored Links
I install Santon...again they have the seperate pressure vessell and are cheaper than the megaflow. Ive had no call backs to the ones ive been installing for the last 6 years.

same here, santon no problems and are made by the same company as megaflo

Vaillant unistor again a good product and also comes as a twin coil version

Sponsored Links
Santon seem a good price as well +10 year warranty (subject to usually conditions no doubt)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back