Upgrade to NTE5

alarms should be connected to a b.t 92 a after nte

A 92a is a redcare block, but I know what you mean, there are many variants that can be used but where broadband exists the best method is connecting directly to the screws on the back of the NTE5 ( if it exists ) and then using a filtered block to change to the alarm wire.

This is to prevent the alarm being unplugged, even by someone removing the front plate of the NTE5.

An alternative would be to use the NTE2000 and connect the cable going to the alarm to the filtered terminals, this does however leave the possibility that someone could leave the front plate off after testing etc and cause the alarm dialler to be disconnected.
True but i could not remember or be bothered to go to my van to check the bt number for a standard alarm block,only difference is one has redcare printed on it and the other does not.

Sponsored Links
Ok so you do it yourself or get someone you know to do it.

I did my own several years ago and not a problem with it since.

What's the worst that can happen - they come out to fix a fault and find you did it yourself and they charge you the fee to fix it.

Then of course you could always deny it was you that did it anyway.

Plenty info on the net to keep you right.

John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back