Upsizing and replacing radiator without draining the system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a valliant turbomax plus controlled combi central heating system, with new double convectors upstairs and older rads downstairs. A couple of the old downstairs ones need replacing (too small for room) and i want to upsize them width wise. Is it possible to do this without draining the system. i will need to extend the existing pipework and take the current rad valves off. i have seen some sort of "vacuum creating" tool to do this somewhere but cant remember or find it. Is it possible? Simon

Sponsored Links
Close the auto air vent on the boiler and only open one end at a time and you should have your vacuum. But remember its under 1bar or so of pressure. But why not drain it? Or freeze it? And you wont want to be trying to solder like it- unless you're very brave. See, I'm a worryer me!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back