Upstairs Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Out of the 5 radiators upstairs, only 1 works. All the others have been bled, using a radiator key. When I first did this, mostly only air was coming out, then after about 10 mins, water started to flow - and the radiator started to warm immediately. When the key was used to close the bleed part on the rad again, it started to cool, and wont warm again.

Have looked in the loft, and cant find a cistern either.

How can i sort this out ? There must be a cistern surely ? Its a combination boiler in the kitchen, and all downstairs rads work fine, hot water too. There was some knocking on the system, which I think was from the amount of air that was in the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my son has just had a major ashma attack - only 2 years old, and they have said that it might be related to how cold it is in his room - just cant afford a plumber at this moment, what with Xmas just gone :(

Sponsored Links
You say it is a combi have a look ~ pressure guage if it is not @ 1 bar you will need to re-pressurise then vent rads again etc see ref section for details how to

Yeah I have checked the pressure on the Combi boiler, and this is currently at just over 1.4 Bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back