Upvc door and window installation costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anybody tell me a rough figure for the fitting cost of a upvc front door and 2 upstairs windows approx 1.8m x1.1m. ( Manchester area ). I have been told it can be a bit of a minefield dealing with the big companies and would sooner get the windows supplied myself and pay an installer to fit only. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Don't use the big companies, use smaller local firms and get some references from recent jobs that they have done.

If you supply your own windows and you then have a problem with one and it needs to go back to the manufacturer who will pay ? you then get the argument :rolleyes:

Your fitter won't want to know :cry:

Better to get it all done by one firm with a FENSA certificate and a proper guarantee. :D

Thanks for the reply. You make a good point about supplying myself and agree best not to go down that road. I only suggested it because some of the quotes I have heard about from relatives from the larger companies seem disproportionate to the cost of the materials

Sponsored Links
The company I used charged £50 per window £70 a door, regardless of size. In the end I decided at those prices, it wasn’t worth the hassle of installing myself (no independent warranty, no certificate of compliance etc.) so got my selected company to both supply & install. My advice would be to get quotes from as many small local companies as you can, get references & look at their work & make sure your comparing like for like before you decide. If your intent on going down the route of buying your own & paying a fitter to install, don’t forget they will either have to be FENSA registered or you will have to notify Building Control to inspect (fee involved) & issue you with a certificate of compliance; no certificate could mean problems when you sell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back