Cost of upvc windows

Avoid the big company's like the plague. Go to local firms, Preferably with recommendations from friends, family and Facebook.
I'd second that. I'm looking for windows for a new house and the big firms are shocking. One very well known national one said they couldn't possibly supply windows for a new build as they might be the wrong size! I explained that if I gave them the sizes and they turned out wrong, that would be entirely my fault and clearly no comeback on them anyway. But the call centre muppet said no. .... Couple of weeks later a local rep contacted me anyway. Sent him the specs and sizes and he said no problem, he'd come and show me the frame options (though I knew already exactly, but OK). So the guy came, was told in advance as I always do with these sort of things that under no circumstances would he get a signature or order off me that day, so lets not waste each others time. So he came, was reasonable, helpful and after about 20 minutes went away again and would send me a quote. Week later I get a call from an accented gentleman in the midlands who said the job had been passed to him and under no circumstances could they supply the windows as they'd need to measure first (thought briefly about putting up a ladder in the field and letting him come and measure notional windows on the unbuilt house!), but I pointed out that I couldn't wait weeks for windows after the house was built. So a couple of weeks goes by then another guy rings me and asks if I liked their quote! I explain they haven't given me one and why - he says that's silly, of course we can quote.... and this on and off went on for months! Long after I'd decided they are buffoons and wouldn't want them anyway. Similar happened with another large firm. But I've had good and sensible quotes from small firms - who also employ people who actually know about windows. I'd definitely shop around widely though as the quotes have varied by many hundreds!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back