UPVC Door lock conundrum - please advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to make use of a second hand upvc door on my garage. The door came without a eurobarrel, so I bought the correct size barrel to fit.
However, when the barrel and it's locating screw is fitted, the handle will not turn and the sliding strip will not slide.
Upon inspection, it seems that where the locating screw passes through the slider, the hole is just a round hole and not an elongated hole. Therefore, the screw prevents the sliding strip from sliding

Without the barrel the sliding strip slides fine and the sliding bolts all engage – but the door cannot be locked because of no barrel

When I look at it, I can’t see how any lock could have worked with it – I’m really stuck !
In the attached picture I’ve lifted up the gearbox casing so you can see the top end of the bottom slider

I keep looking at it, knowing it can’t be right, but not seeing the solution. It all looks like everything is in the right place.

Any help or advice is appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back