Urgent Help Please With Heating Issue!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a modena 80e model boiler and have just attempted to fire up my central heating. The issue I have, is I can get no heating to kick in, and no light indicating that it is even ready.

I have bled all radiators, pressure is at 1 bar, and nothing is happening.

I am still receiving hot water, and when I turn off the hot tap, my central heating standby flashing light appears for a few moments before flashing off again.

Please help if you can! Many many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I take it you've checked to make sure your time clock/progammer is calling for heat :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Many questions.
I want to know if you have a piano and a dog.
Does the radiator symbol light up

Many questions.
I want to know if you have a piano and a dog.
Does the radiator symbol light up

That's fine - no and yes are the answers!

The radiator symbol will only light up when I have run the hot tap. It will turn off again after a few minutes

Hi All,

I have a modena 80e model boiler and have just attempted to fire up my central heating. The issue I have, is I can get no heating to kick in, and no light indicating that it is even ready.

I have bled all radiators, pressure is at 1 bar, and nothing is happening.

I am still receiving hot water, and when I turn off the hot tap, my central heating standby flashing light appears for a few moments before flashing off again.

Please help if you can! Many many thanks in advance.

Further to this, is there any reason this would occur on any boiler, not just an 80e? It's as if it wants to kick into CH mode, but it's just not happening.

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks again.

strange one.. I would reckon the micro switch is saying there is a constant demand for hot water therefor not allowing the central heating to be heated.. or the micro switch is fine and its the diverter valve spindle is stuck and holding down the micro switch.

These are just guesses mate I would need to see it, I hope you check and find out its one of these.
someone else will come along shortly and advise you further no doubt..

strange one.. I would reckon the micro switch is saying there is a constant demand for hot water therefor not allowing the central heating to be heated.. or the micro switch is fine and its the diverter valve spindle is stuck and holding down the micro switch.

These are just guesses mate I would need to see it, I hope you check and find out its one of these.

Thanks matey.

Is this something a mere amateur could look at ** or would I need to call the big boys in?!

**Obv only consider if it involves pressing a button or something!**

ok so that i dont get ripped to pieces by everyone. I'm going to say get a big boy in lol.

but say... if you had the manual and knew where the diverter valve was you could at least check the pin if you knew what your looking for but then again a big boy would be advised also make sure hes gas safe.. ;)

Thanks matey.

Is this something a mere amateur could look at ** or would I need to call the big boys in?!

**Obv only consider if it involves pressing a button or something!**

Sorry all, even further to this, this is the first time I have attempted to use my CH since April. Is there a mechanism that would shut it down if unused? I have tried reset etc to no avail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back