Used window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of buying a used window and maybe a used door for my new extension. (all to save on costs)
Is there anything i need to consider regarding building regs etc regarding heat loss.

Sponsored Links
sorry this is going to sound really stupid, i appologise beforehand. If i buy a used window is there anyway of knowing whether it meets the regs or not?
How do i find out, and is it worth the cost and headache?

Windows need to be C rated or above(1.6 U), doors 1.8 U or lower. You may need to ask the BCO. It is possibe to trade off some of the elements and still get the right SAP rating.

Sponsored Links
If the window you use looks brand new chances are it'll get passed, if he spots it to be an old window chances are he'll want it replaced. As mentioned it would be prudent to ask your BCO before you fit it to make sure he's happy or maybe he'll expect some trade-offs but then it would probably be cheaper and less hassle to just buy a new window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back